Baidu Zhidao is a Chinese question and answer platform that has been active for ten years. It is actually the first website in China to be subject to an independent censorship check.
It has over four hundred million registered users and it averages twenty-four million daily visits.
In order to create content for Baidu Zhidao, you simply need to make a profile through their official website. You can also post questions on the site and answer other people’s questions.
Getting The Most Out Of Zhidao
To get the most out of the Zhidao platform, you should:
- Ask questions that have a clear answer, are easy to understand, and would be interesting to as many people as possible.
- Make sure that you have a title for your question and include keywords that can be found on Baidu Zhidao’s search tool
- When answering a question, try to give as much detail and provide the most relevant information possible for the question while still being concise and, when possible, remain brand agnostic as to not turn the answer into an advertorial.
Zhidao Platform Rules
Like most platforms, Zhidao has a number of rules governing what kind of questions are allowed. These rules are set up so that the content on Zhidao is authentic, correct, and useful to users.
All users are expected to read and follow the rules, as failure to do so may cause Zhidao’s administrators to restrict your access. This is displayed in a warning page shown when you first make a post.
A summary of key rules are:
- Translations are not allowed. They should be posted in their original form with proper references and the original content must be credited properly.
- Users are not allowed to ask questions which are intended to promote or advertise specific products, services, websites or businesses. This includes any kind of advertising disguised as a question. Users who wish to promote their own products and/or services are advised to use the paid advertising on Baidu.
- Users are not allowed to post any content that is libelous, defamatory, or slanderous.
- Users are not allowed to post any content that advocates or incites violence. This includes anything related to terrorism, rape, murder etc.
- Users are not allowed to post any content that contains obscene or sexually explicit material. This includes pornography and any other kind of sexual content which is inappropriate for young children to view.
- Users are not allowed to post any content that contains illegal activity. This includes any content related to the manufacturing or distributing of illegal drugs, harassing people or posting personal information that is meant to harass other individuals.
- Users are expected to act in a civil manner when posting on Zhidao. Any language or behavior which is considered offensive can be removed by the administrators and may result in your access being restricted if repeated.