Voice search is undoubtedly one of the next big shifts in how users interact with not only search engines, but the internet as a whole.
The below tips are designed as thought provokers to help you cut through the noise, and help you start working towards voice snippets and performing well in voice search.
- Get listed on as many business directories as possible. Make sure you cover the major ones like Google, Yelp, Facebook, Bing, Foursquare etc.
- Look for forums and directories specific to your niche and get your business listed there as well.
- Ensure uniformity of business location data (like Name, Address and phone number) across the web.
- Add detailed information (like business description, open hours, photos etc.) wherever possible.
- Work towards improving your overall star rating. You can achieve this by generating more positive reviews for your business.
- Creating an FAQ section on your business website will help. Focus on conversational phrases and long-tail keywords.
- Add “question” based keywords to your radar.
- Develop content around intent-based questions.
- This will help the voice-based platforms pick up answers and showcase to customers.
- When structuring content for voice, make it short and to the point. Answers returned by voice platforms are (on an average) 29 words.
- All content on your business website should be simple and readable. Think of use cases for your ideal customers and develop content around it.
- Optimize existing content for featured snippets.
- Engage with customers on your business page and handles on social media.
- Secure your business website with SSL.
- Improve your overall website responsiveness and site speed. Optimize your website for local SEO.
- You can add additional focus to “near me” searches that apply to your business.