Hello! My name is Dan and I’m an award-winning SEO consultant and digital marketing strategist based in the United Kingdom.
I was named in the Search Engine Journal Top SEOs in 2018, 2019 and 2020, by OnCrawl as one of the top 20 technical SEOs to follow in 2017, and I won the 2018 TechSEO Boost Research & Innovation Competition for research into practical applications of edge SEO on both legacy, and modern platforms/stacks.
I started off working on Grimsby docks, before moving onto the fish markets as a fishmonger. I worked with fish to pay the bills through college and university, before getting an internship with a Leeds based company.
Before all this, I built my first website when I was 14 for my dad’s entertainment business after he was quoted more than £5,000 by marketing agencies in Grimsby for a simple two to three-page brochure website built in Joomla.
My second site build came when I was 17 for a five-a-side football team I ran (Hereford Olympic). I also operated the scoreboard at Grimsby Town Football Club from the age of 12, as well as producing live match reports and website updates for their primary club site.
After moving to Leeds for University, I then settled in the Bradford area — where I rekindled my quirk for operating scoreboards, and took up the reigns at Bradford City Football Club, and also joined their youth scouting team.
Before turning my focus to SEO, my original plan was to be a digital strategist, and this is why I studied a Business & Marketing degree.
I worked in-house for companies in Leeds and Bradford, before going agency side and turning my focus on SEO. I’ve worked with companies from all around the world, ranging from smaller local businesses to global passenger airlines and technology giants, in almost every vertical imaginable.
Because of this early career path, I’ve been exposed to email marketing (1-million+ sends per year), database management, PPC, social media, and offline.
I’m also a recognized industry columnist and international conference speaker, and I regularly appear on digital marketing podcasts and webinars.
- Search Engine Journal Top SEOs to Follow (2018)
- Search Engine Journal Top SEOs to Follow (2019)
- Search Engine Journal Top SEOs to Follow (2020)
- OnCrawl Top 20 Technical SEOs (2017)
- Scoot National Headline Silver Award Winner (2014)
- Serpstat Top 75 SEO Specialist
- Guest Lecturer at Leeds Trinity University
- SEMrush Top 50 Author
- Google Trainer and Workshop Leader (Google Digital Garage)
- TechSEO Boost 2018 Research Competition Winner
- SEMrush webinar host
- BrightonSEO 2019 Speaker (Main Stage)
- BrightonSEO 2021 Speaker (Virtual, 2,000 talk registrants)
- TechSEO Boost 2019 Research Judge
- Organizer – New York Technical SEO Meetup
- Organizer – VirtuaCon (series of virtual conferences)
- Organizer – CrawlError (YouTube SEO series)
- Optimization 2020 (Moscow) Speaker
- Host – SALT Marketing Sessions (YouTube marketing series)
- BigSEO Reddit Slack Channel Moderator (5,000+ members)
- Editor @ RussianSearchNews.com
- Host of TechSEO Podcast (2018-2021)
- Producer of TechSEO Podcast (2021 – )
Dan has also delivered workshops on behalf of the Department for International Trade on internationalising your business online via organic, as well as delivered SEO workshops at Google Digital Garage (Sheffield).
For all inquiries, please use the contact form found on this site. However, should you wish to connect with, or follow me on social channels you can find those links below:
- Dan Taylor – Twitter
- Dan Taylor – LinkedIn
- Dan Taylor – SlideShare
- Dan Taylor – YouTube
- Dan Taylor SEMrush profile
- Dan Taylor Search Engine Journal author profile
- Dan Taylor Salesforce Trailblazer profile