SAP Hybris is a specialist, enterprise level, Omnichannel and product content management software.
Despite being used by some of the world’s most famous brands, such as Barbour, Ted Baker, Target, and the Dallas Cowboys, it isn’t perfect for SEO “out of the box”, like most platforms.
One of Hybris’ core strengths is its ability to integrate across channels with its powerful API. This leads to pre-developed eShop specialisms that help lower integration lead times.
Hybris is also capable of internationalisation, with built in multi-site and multi-currency features.
What is SAP Hybris?
Founded in 2007, Hybris is an e-commerce platform which allows its consumers to sell in both B2B and B2C markets effectively. In the last decade, the software has evolved significantly and now positions itself as “an omni-channel commerce solution which helps customer engagement”.
Hybris core is an e-commerce platform, but it has several stand out features which build on this which allow you to develop a full omni-channel solution. This means you can sell online, mobile, in-store and via a contact centre. One of the key pieces of the suite is the Product Content Management (PCM) module. This allows you develop an engaging customer experience by putting the product at the heart of the sale.
From a technology perspective Hybris is a Java based application and it typically hosted as part of a 3 tier architecture comprising of web, application and database layers.
Hybris SEO Consultancy & Auditing
Are you looking for SEO help, advice and troubleshooting for your Hybris website? Or are you planning a Hybris website at the moment and want to make sure it meets the highest possible standards at launch?
I’ve been fortunate to have a lot of first hand experience optimising the Hybris platform for SEO, working with EURO Stoxx 50 multi-national organisations on helping them get Hybris SEO right.
- Omni-channel eCommerce solution, meaning merchants can sell online, in-store, and on mobile.
- Customer engagement. Product Content Management (PCM) module that helps merchants create engaging customer experiences, with the product at the heart of the transaction.
- Ease of use. Seamless business functionality through a central Order Management System.
- Prices start at around $50,000, which is more expensive than many other eCommerce platforms to begin with.
- There are fewer than 1,000 Hybris users today, with a small community size and not many developers available for high-quality implementation.
- Data capabilities. Weak reporting and analytics features undermine the usability of Hybris for many merchants.
Despite it’s many enterprise level features, Hybris does have a limited wider community (in comparison to other enterprise level ecommerce solutions such as Demandware and Magento). Community partners, forums, support pages and integrators don’t have the same level of depth, or visibility, so encountering Hybris SEO problems can sometimes leave you in the dark.
Are you interested in improving the performance of your Hybris website in organic search? Talk to me today about how we can make that happen.