Over the years I’ve worked with hundreds of businesses as an SEO consultant, ranging from locksmiths in Leeds, to boutique luxury tour operators and travel companies in Sri Lanka.
Google is not a finished product. It is constantly changing and evolving on a daily basis through tweaks and changes to the core algorithm, experiments, and the larger named algorithm changes. Some of my specialisms include:
- Tailored SEO for travel companies
- SEO for SaaS & tech companies
- E-commerce SEO
- SEO Auditing & Analysis
- International SEO
Outside of algorithmic changes, Google also changes search results pages based on real world events and changing user behaviour, and expectations.
This is why modern SEO is more about just optimising for keywords.
Understanding and mapping the internal linking of a website is important for understanding crawl-ability, user paths, and how authority is passed around the website. I have a proven track record of increasing high quality traffic from organic search to grow revenue through sales, and lead generation by helping businesses acquire users at various stages of their buying cycle.
Definitely a Pro; I’ve worked with lots of SEOs in the past, and Dan knows his stuff. Simple step by step action plan that was easy to follow. It will take some time to see the results of his advice, but I am confident his recommendations should help my website.
Julia R, Unique Vanities
My approach to working with clients
I believe in transparency and honesty above all things — my typical steps when working with someone new are:
- Learn about your business, your history and your objectives
- Analysis of your current position in terms of traffic, rankings, and your website/tech stack
- What are your competitors doing? How are they doing what they’re doing?
- Develop a strategic plan based on objectives versus time to achieve
- Implement technical roadmaps and plans
- Implement a data led content strategy (and if needed, production)
- Guide you through the process of building links naturally and creating a sustainable offsite and PR strategy
I’ve worked on a number of complex projects with other third party stakeholders on global projects from my UK base. One example from 2016 being:
- The company HQ and marketing team based in New York
- The development team based in London
- The company IT team based in Austin
And another example from 2019 being:
- The company HQ based in New York
- The development company split between the American West Coast, Canada and Romania
I’ve found that the “cookie cutter” model doesn’t work as no two situations are the same, and you need to fully assess a website and it’s position for you dive into a link building campaign, content, or event make large, whole-scale changes.
Working with in-house SEO teams
In today’s modern digital landscape, lots of businesses have internal SEO teams and they don’t need the big full service packages – but what they do need is scalable support from a third-party to offer both ongoing consultancy (as an extra pair of eyes) for an in-house SEO, as well as provide elastic support that can flex up to meet business requirements.